Understanding Economics and Money

Welcome to Kingdom Economics - the future is now



Tuesday, April 9, 2024

The Solar Eclipse: Did/Does it have MEANING for America? Yes or No?


Yesterday I watched (via the internet) this total solar eclipse as it created a path across America. It was spectacular and also special for watchers and believers. Today's Wall Street Journal had a beautiful real-time photo of the eclipse on the front page. Tuesday is my breakfast morning with a few friends who meet at the clubhouse every Tuesday. I asked these four friends (as we sipped our coffee) if the photo on the front page of of WSJ had any meaning? Does it portent something for America in 2024? I said that in my view JUDGEMENT is coming to America. The message is from our Creator God (say I)!

My three atheist friends think differently and so did my one Christian friend. All said that JUDGEMENT is not coming and the eclipse has NO discernible meaning. I fully understand their worldview on this event called the Total Solar Eclipse of 2024. My atheist friends think that our universe, planet, animals, flowers, whales, and people all emerged by CHANCE via this theory called Macro Evolution. These Atheist friends are highly educated. One is an x-commercial pilot (who flew B-52's during the Vietnam war). The other is an x-pastor/teacher. My Christian friend is also an x-pilot and thinks Jesus is God/Creator and brings no Judgement. Why do we all think so differently on this event called the Total Solar Eclipse?

My sense is that it boils down to personal BELIEFS. An Atheist thinks (generally) that all life and subsequent events (including all that is defined as a 'thing') evolved from this Primordial Soup (set of chemicals) which make up our material universe. Atheists do not believe in a Creator God that resides in some heavenly realm (which is impossible to witness or observe). They think that everything emerged by CHANCE (over time). Billions of years and this concept called 'Chance' is real to them. My Christian friend thinks that Jesus is our God and Creator. He would not bring us JUDGEMENT (is his viewpoint). Amazing beliefs! Reality is obviously 'relative'!

I, however, have a different worldview and set of beliefs. I do not think events, life, and our material objects (sun, moon, eclipse, rainbow, etc.) or human beings are items of CHANCE. For me, all is determined by a Higher  intelligent Source (which I call our Creator God). For me, it is OBVIOUS that a Higher intelligent Source is behind all that we experience and observe. So what would this Higher Source have us to discern when it comes to this Total Solar Eclipse? Does it have MEANING for America and the World? Is it possible that God is conveying MEANING (say Judgment) for America in 2024? What is reality and what is myth?

For me, I discern that Judgment is coming to America in 2024 (and eventually the entire planet) and one SIGN of this coming Judgment was the Total Solar Eclipse of 2024 (which created a path across the entire nation and a BIG X with the prior total solar eclipse of 2017). This, to me, is a clear SIGN that something is coming for this nation called America. Is this SIGN an image which means we should continue the PARTY (our current financial/political behavior) and ignore our looming problems which beset our nation? I don't think so! The SIGN means precisely the opposite. America must get its HOUSE in order and quickly. This, however, is unlikely as the mindset of our leaders is much as my 80+ year old friends at the clubhouse. Ask your friends for their viewpoints!

Continue the PARTY and assume that this Total Solar Eclipse is meaningless (say my clubhouse friends). I say this is foolishness and a false interpretation of this SIGN (in the heavens). America is heading for clear and obvious JUDGMENT and this judgment is coming in 2024. Nothing has happened as of today, but it is coming in 2024 (that is my worldview). Our financial house is in shambles and so is our political house. Our sleeping citizens want to continue the PARTY atmosphere (indefinitely). They do not want Judgment and they are similar (in mindset) to my clubhouse friends who think similarly about this total solar eclipse. What is reality is my question?

Kick the can down the road until I leave this planet is the mindset of my clubhouse friends. What a mindset these intelligent friends have (in my opinion). Why do they think as they do? My sense is that it boils down to one's WORLDVIEW (set of beliefs). These friends are nice people. They are educated people. They simply have no need for a Creator God in their worldview. My Christian friend has adopted the view that Jesus is our Creator. This, to me, is not valid theological thinking. But it all boils down to beliefs and opinion! Those who think differently have a DIFFERENT point-of-view on the issues. Could I be mistaken on my viewpoint? Yes, this is possible. But all I think/observe/witness/experience leads me to my WORLDVIEW.

Have a good day and we will see what happens in 2024. If nothing happens (which could be labeled Judgment) then this would mean that my viewpoint is false. I would need to reconsider my assumptions about reality (if this happens). As of today, however, I would say that this is unlikely. I sense that Judgment is coming in 2024. There is a Creator God IMO who rules this universe/planet. For me, this is OBVIOUS!  The Total Solar Eclipse does/did have MEANING! Judgment is coming in 2024 is my viewpoint. 


This watcher/Christian preacher (Britt) thinks that this Total Solar Eclipse is not a Sign of Judgment. This viewpoint is typical of most Christian prophets/preachers (whom I witness on the internet). This guy interprets scripture as if he KNOWS what God is conveying. NO rapture is coming on April 8 (says Britt). I agree! But Britt assumes that God's word is truth and he implies that his interpretations are THE TRUTH. Judgment, he thinks, is coming but this ECLIPSE is not a SIGN (of Judgment). I disagree! Britt wants the RAPTURE to happen and for Jesus to save him from this world system! Britt's hope and worldview promotes this RAPTURE as salvation for him. Note that Britt thinks (the Bible) as he interprets the text is 100% accurate. He seems unaware that THE BIBLE is a book with text (and with many different translations) which creates differing INTERPRETATIONS (from readers). Britt assumes that HE knows the correct interpretation! I call this amazing DECEPTION! But real events will provide us with what is valid (my worldview)! All is relative in the USA!


I am: Donald B. Swenson, Economist/Philosopher, http://kingdomecon.wordpress.com. Also, donaldswenson.blogspot.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment